PA Media Limited is the data controller of the personal data that we process and is therefore responsible for ensuring that our systems, processes, suppliers and employees comply with data protection laws in relation to the information we handle.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through the provision of public relations services, through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name, the company you work for, your position or title and your relationship to a person.
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s).
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information relating to your visits to our website or in relation to emails that we send you
- Information that you might provide to us if you attend one of our events, including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us in the course of providing mediation services
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
We obtain information from you in the course of providing our public relation services to you.
We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, such as when you send us email communications.
We may use publicly available sources to obtain your personal information in order to ensure that the contact details we hold for you are up to date
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information that we collect about you from the sources listed above in a number of ways:
- To provide and improve this website
- To provide and improve our services to you, including maintaining our records relating to public relations . This includes providing personal information to the employee that you instruct for your public relations services
- To provide information requested by you
- To promote our services, including sending you updates, newsletters and details of events
- To manage and administer our relationship with you
Meetings and events
We will collect and process personal information about you in relation to your attendance at an event hosted by us.
On what basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as providing public relations services to you
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our data retention policy which categorises all the information held by PA Media Limited and specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and PA Media Limited business purposes.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them including:
- Our employees in relation to whom you make enquiries or who you instruct to carry out public relations for you
- Suppliers who provide support services in relation to IT and email marketing
- Third parties involved in hosting or organising events with us
We use social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Our social media interactions are managed in-house and will be stored by those providers in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us here.
Access to personal information
PA Media Limited tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to PA Media Limited for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting us again.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However when we investigate a complaint, for example, we may need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.